Friends! We had so much fun last February during our community chat with Stewart Butterfield, Slack’s CEO and co-founder, that we invited him back to do it again. It’s the perfect time to dive into what’s coming next for Slack and reflect on the past year—and what a year it was! From the completion of an acquisition to the digital HQ revolution and everything in between, a lot has happened over the past 365 days, and we know you’ve got questions.
Moderated by Slack’s director of community, Elizabeth Kinsey, this fireside chat with Slack’s CEO and co-founder is all about getting as much info for the community as possible. Whether you want to talk about the digital HQ, the next generation of Slack platform or what’s got Stewart inspired for year eight of making people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive, we want to hear about it!
Submit your questions in advance, and we’ll make sure to surface the community’s pressing issues. This event will not be recorded, so be sure to RSVP and join us on the day.
How it will work
- RSVP for the event. If you aren’t already a member of the community workspace, your RSVP confirmation will include a link to join!
- Hop over to #slack-ama in the community workspace.
- Click the ➕ plus icon with the little blue lightning bolt. It’s in the lower left corner of the message composer.
- Choose the Ask Stewart workflow.
- Submit your question for Stewart using the workflow.This will send a question into a channel for the Slack Community team to review.
- The Slack Community team will aggregate questions from the community to be asked during the fireside chat.
- Join the meetup on the day of the event by clicking on the “join event” button on this page.
The deadline to submit your question is 12 p.m. PT on Friday, February 25.
A gentle reminder
All attendees are expected to behave respectfully and appropriately, including during casual conversations. By attending an event or joining the workspace, you agree to follow these expectations. If you or anyone you notice feels uncomfortable, please reach out to the organizers. Please review the Code of Conduct before the event.
Legal disclaimer: Acquisition Legend