Mónica Wilkinson is a new staff software engineer on the Platform Technical Architecture team. She recently joined after five years on the BizTech team, leading the Slack on Slack innovation program. Her most recent project was working on a Lead Passing system that uses Slack bots over Slack Connect, which was critical to the Salesforce acquisition. This project used a lot of new features from the Platform team, which piqued her interest in joining the team in a more official capacity.
Mónica has worked in software engineering for many years, with roles at MySpace, Facebook and VMWare. She is a fan of decentralized systems and open standards.
Originally from Lima, Peru, Mónica now lives in Marin, which is north of San Francisco, California. For fun, she enjoys biking, tennis, amateur snowboarding and hiking. At Slack she was also the co-founder of the Fuego ERG, which helps Hispanic/Latinx employees at the company.
Interested in learning about the day to day of a software engineer at Slack? Perhaps you’d like to hear about Mónica’s upcoming projects or find out more about Slack’s Platform team.
Mónica is here to answer your questions!
Join us in the Slack workspace for an ask-me-anything
How it will work
- If you aren't already in the community workspace, you'll need to join us in Slack (check your registration email for access).
- Once you're in the workspace, join #slack-ama.
- Click on the blue lightning bolt in the message composer. It's on the left of the input box.
- Select the "Ask AMA question" workflow. This will open a dialog box where you can add your question.
- Your question will post into the AMA channel.
- The team will answer the question in the thread.
About the Slack Community HQ chapter
This community is open to people from any industry and background who have an interest in the Slack platform. We can't wait to meet you!
All attendees are expected to behave respectfully and appropriately, including during casual conversations. By attending or joining the workspace, you agree to follow these expectations. If you or anyone you notice feel uncomfortable, please reach out to the organizers. Please review the Code of Conduct before the event.