Nami Sung has been a marketer at Slack for more than six years. She heads up the Product Marketing organization, a group of lovely folks passionate about making people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Among other things, she and her team launch products, expand into new markets, keep an eye on the competition and help our users become more successful on Slack. But most of all, Nami loves Slack and wants to help people love it just as much as she does.
Originally from New York City, Nami attended Harvard University in Cambridge, spent the majority of her career in foggy San Francisco and most recently moved to rainy Seattle. Her interests weren’t always in collaboration software; prior to Slack, she worked in solar energy, payments, Twitter and health tech. She lives with her husband, two very young sons, who crack her up and run her ragged, and her goldendoodle, who brings her endless joy.
Would you like to hear more about Nami’s passion for Slack? Perhaps she has some tips to help you make your working life simpler and more productive? Nami is here to answer your questions!
Join us in the Slack workspace for an ask-me-anything
How it will work
- If you aren't already in the community workspace, you'll need to join us in Slack (check your registration email for access).
- Once you're in the workspace, join #slack-ama.
- Click on the blue lightning bolt in the message composer. It's on the left of the input box.
- Select the "Ask AMA question" workflow. This will open a dialog box where you can add your question.
- Your question will post into the AMA channel.
- The team will answer the question in the thread.
About the Slack Community HQ chapter
This community is open to people from any industry and background who have an interest in the Slack platform. We can't wait to meet you!
All attendees are expected to behave respectfully and appropriately, including during casual conversations. By attending or joining the workspace, you agree to follow these expectations. If you or anyone you notice feel uncomfortable, please reach out to the organizers. Please review the Code of Conduct before the event.