Nolan is the senior director of the Internal Tools team at Slack. He and his team focus on developer productivity tools, including the build, test and release pipelines for our web, mobile and desktop applications.
The team also manages Slack’s source control systems and compliance automation and supports our web app production infrastructure. Nolan has been at Slack for seven and a half years and has held the roles of chief of staff to the CTO, head of organizational development and head of product operations.
When not at work, his sons (ages 2 and 5) keep him busy, and he enjoys zooming around San Francisco on e-bikes with his family and watching as much Giants baseball as he can.
Interested in learning about the day-to-day of the Internal Tools team at Slack? Perhaps you’d like to hear about its plans or find out more about compliance automation.
Nolan is here to answer your questions!
Join us in the Slack workspace for an ask-me-anything
How it will work
- If you aren't already in the community workspace, you'll need to join us in Slack by clicking this link and setting up your Slack profile.
- Once you're in the workspace, join #slack-ama.
- Click on the blue lightning bolt in the message composer. It's on the left of the input box.
- Select the "Ask AMA question" workflow. This will open a dialog box where you can add your question.
- Your question will post into the AMA channel.
- The team will answer the question in the thread.
About the Slack Community HQ chapter
This community is open to people from any industry and background who have an interest in the Slack platform. We can't wait to meet you!
All attendees are expected to behave respectfully and appropriately, including during casual conversations. By attending or joining the workspace, you agree to follow these expectations. If you or anyone you notice feel uncomfortable, please reach out to the organizers. Please review the Code of Conduct before the event.