Ruth is a senior product specialist, working with the team that is responsible for the foundational components of Slack: conversations, search and channels. In her six years with the team, she has led projects that introduced new processes for product releases, feedback tracking, bug triage and escalations.
As a remote worker since 2016, Ruth has been a vocal proponent of digital-first practices, and believes that Slack provides the ideal environment for hybrid work. This was true six years ago and is even more true today! Prior to Slack, she worked for many years as a childbirth and early parenting educator at a hospital, where she honed the advocacy skills she still uses to amplify the voice of Slack’s customers.
Ruth lives in Vancouver, BC, and enjoys spending time at the beach with her husband and three teen daughters, riding her “bike that goes nowhere” (if you know you know), and is learning French in hopes of living in Paris one day.
Would you like to hear more about Ruth's day to day in Slack? Perhaps you’re curious about her passion for hybrid work? Ruth is here to answer your questions!
Join us in the Slack workspace for an ask-me-anything
How it will work
- If you aren't already in the community workspace, you'll need to join us in Slack (check your registration email for access).
- Once you're in the workspace, join #slack-ama.
- Click on the blue lightning bolt in the message composer. It's on the left of the input box.
- Select the "Ask AMA question" workflow. This will open a dialog box where you can add your question.
- Your question will post into the AMA channel.
- The team will answer the question in the thread.
About the Slack Community HQ chapter
This community is open to people from any industry and background who have an interest in the Slack platform. We can't wait to meet you!
All attendees are expected to behave respectfully and appropriately, including during casual conversations. By attending or joining the workspace, you agree to follow these expectations. If you or anyone you notice feel uncomfortable, please reach out to the organizers. Please review the Code of Conduct before the event.