Saurabh Sahni is a Senior Staff Software Engineer on the platform team at Slack. Saurabh is also a co-author of an O’Reilly book— Designing Web APIs. For the past 15 years, he has been building and designing developer platforms and APIs.
He joined Slack six years ago prior to the launch of the Slack platform. He has shaped Slack’s public API design and strategy through his work on systems like web API infrastructure, rate limits, org-wide apps, message buttons and OAuth. Saurabh was instrumental in creating Slack’s API guidelines and establishing an API design process that enables teams to build easy-to-use consistent APIs. Lately, Saurabh is helping to build the next generation of the Slack platform.
When not at work, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons, hiking and traveling.
Ask Saurabh anything about the Slack platform or API design!
Join us in the Slack workspace for an ask-me-anything
How it will work
- If you aren't already in the community workspace, you'll need to join us in Slack (check your registration email for access).
- Once you're in the workspace, join #slack-ama.
- Click on the blue lightning bolt in the message composer. It's on the left of the input box.
- Select the "Ask AMA question" workflow. This will open a dialog box where you can add your question.
- Your question will post into the AMA channel.
- The team will answer the question in the thread.
About the Slack Community HQ chapter
This community is open to people from any industry and background who have an interest in the Slack platform. We can't wait to meet you!
All attendees are expected to behave respectfully and appropriately, including during casual conversations. By attending or joining the workspace, you agree to follow these expectations. If you or anyone you notice feel uncomfortable, please reach out to the organizers. Please review the Code of Conduct before the event.